Bell Pepper Egg-in-a-Hole
Ready in about 15 minutes. Serves 6.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (feel free to try other cheeses)
- 6 slices whole grain bread
- Wash, seed, and slice bell peppers into 1/2 inch thick rings (about 3 rings from each pepper). Then in a large non-stick skillet, heat cooking spray (or olive oil) over medium-high heat.
- To cook, place 3 pepper rings in the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, then flip over. Next, crack one egg in each ring. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes, then flip over and cook 1 more minute for over easy yolks.
- Top with fresh herbs and cheese, and serve on a slice of whole grain toast. Add a side of fruit for a more complete meal.
Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 245, Protein 15g, Carbohydrate 21g, Total Fat 12g, Fiber 2mg, Cholesterol 204mg, Sodium 421mg
Click here for a printable version.
Posted on Fri, July 28, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under