Couscous and Smoked Turkey Salad
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 ripe medium peaches
- 4 ounces smoked turkey breast (in 1 piece) cut into 1/4” pieces)
- Boston lettuce leaves
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat cumin over medium-high heat until fragrant, 1 to 3 minutes. In saucepan with cumin, prepare couscous as package directs, adding cherries, but no salt or butter.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper until dressing is blended.
- Toss warm couscous mixture, diced peaches, and turkey with dressing.
- Spoon combined ingredients onto large platter lined with Boston lettuce leaves.
Sweet peaches contrast nicely with the smoky flavor of the turkey in this super-quick salad. If you see plums, nectarines, or apricots at the Farmer’s Market, try using them in place of the peaches.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 300, Protein 11g, Carbohydrate 51g,Total Fat 6g (1g saturated), Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 470mg
Source: Good Housekeeping One Dish Meals
Click here for printable recipe card.
Click here for printable sheet with one copy.
Posted on Sat, September 1, 2018
by Angel Dale