Sweet Pepper Hash Brown Baked Eggs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large green sweet bell pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Add potatoes to prepared baking dish. Drizzle oil over potatoes; toss to combine. Spread potatoes evenly in the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir potatoes; spread evenly in the baking dish again. Bake for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, slice the sweet green pepper into eight 1/4—1/2 inch thick rings. Remove seeds. Remove potatoes from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Arrange pepper rings in two rows on top of the potatoes. Spread 1 Tbsp of pizza sauce within each pepper ring, then break an egg into each pepper ring. Top each egg with a rounded teaspoon full of the shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- If desired, garnish with freshly ground black pepper and/or snipped fresh basil.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 179, Protein 9g, Carbohydrate 18g, Total Fat 7g (2g saturated), Fiber 2g, Cholesterol 188mg, Sodium 491mg
Serves 8; Ready in approximately 35 minutes.
For recipe cards, click here.
For a single copy, click here.
Posted on Wed, May 2, 2018
by Angel Dale