Weeknight Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner
Ready in 30 minutes. Serves 4
- 12 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (divided)
- 2 thyme sprigs (or use 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (quartered)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 8 very thin lemon slices
- 1 (8-ounce) packaged trimmed french green beans
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (or used dried)
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 450º fro 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
1. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining two teaspoons oil. Add potatoes, cut sides down; mushrooms; and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once. Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining salt, remaining pepper, flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to pan; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Add a fruit for a complete meal!
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 342, Protein 43g, Carbohydrate 23g,Total Fat 8.6g, Fiber 4mg, Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 642mg
For a printable version, click here.
Posted on Sun, October 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under